Baseline conditions within the watershed were studied shortly after MVCA was formed in 1968. In the years since, MVCA has implemented a variety of programs and service to protect people and property from natural hazards, and to provide for proper stewardship of natural resources in the watershed. The following reports capture baseline conditions and provide status updates on key attributes of the watershed and activities of MVCA.
History and Baseline Conditions
- 1970 Baseline Conditions, Vol. 1
- 1970 Baseline Conditions, Vol. 2
- Watershed History (colonist perspective)
- Mississippi Watershed: Physical Environment, 2019
- Mississippi Watershed: People & Property, 2019
- Mississippi Watershed: Natural Systems, 2019
- Mississippi Watershed: Asset Management, 2020
Annual Monitoring Program
- 2022 – Fall River Subwatershed
- 2021 – Mississippi Lakes Subwatershed
- 2020 – Buckshot Creek Subwatershed
- 2019 – Clyde River
- 2018 – Upper Mississippi and Indian River
- 2017 – Mazinaw and Fall River
- 2016 - Clyde River Subwatershed
- More lake reports
Watershed Report Cards
Every five years, MVCA uses guidelines and standards developed by Conservation Ontario and others to evaluate changes in our watersheds and identify areas of concern.
Corporate Annual Reports
MVCA’s Annual Reports summarize the year’s activities, finances, accomplishments and challenges.