Should you wish to report a concern to assist the Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority (MVCA) regarding a possible infraction under Section 28 of Ontario Regulation 153/06, please fill out the form below.
Describe your observation and identify the location to the best of your ability. If possible, please include a photo. MVCA staff may contact you for clarification or additional information.
No further action is required once you have submitted your report. Procedural rights prohibit MVCA from providing updates on the status of its investigations. Not all reports will result in an MVCA investigation as concerns may fall outside of MVCA’s regulatory authority.
Hazardous Land Examples:
i. Flood Plain
ii. Erosion/Slope Hazard
iii. Provincially Significant Wetlands
iv. Other Regulated Wetlands
v. Alterations to Shorelines and Watercourses
We do not respond to the following concerns:
• Developments or subdivisions proposed: If you have concern about a subdivision or development being proposed, contact your local municipality.
• Spills: If you believe a spill has occurred and is contaminating the environment, call the Spills Hotline at 1-866-MOE-TIPS (663-8477) - 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
• Tree cutting: Tree cutting is subject to municipal by-laws, which means you need to contact your municipality. Tree cutting within a wetland may be a concern to the MVCA.
• Garbage dumping, noise complaints, property standards or septic concerns: Contact your local municipality.
• Neighbour's trespassing and longstanding drainage issues: Please raise the concern respectfully with your neighbour or contact the appropriate agencies.
See MVCA's Regulation and Policies or the Interactive Property Map for more information.
By completing this form, you confirm you understand these procedures:
—Please choose an option—Addington HighlandsBeckwithCarleton PlaceCentral FrontenacDrummond/North ElmsleyGreater MadawaskaLanark HighlandsMississippi MillsNorth FrontenacOttawaTay Valley
For example: civic address, intersection, waterbody, or lot, ward, and concession.
Tip: Drag and drop the pin. Switch to satellite and zoom in to pin the location as exact as possible.
Additional Location Comments:
Please provide as much detail as possible.
*This page is mandatory
Describe your concern, including any relevant details about the occurrence or site:
Please answer the following:
• What regulated feature do you think is being impacted?
• What type of work is taking place?
• Is the work ongoing or complete?
• What type of equipment was or is present? Was there any identifying information on the equipment (i.e., company name, phone number, logo, etc.)?
• Have you notified any other agencies/municipalities about this concern?
Optional: Photos, maps, or screenshots that are helpful in assessing reported concerns.
Max: 3 MB
Allowed file types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, pdf
Please review your submission using the "Previous" and "Next" buttons.
Your submission is not complete until you press the "Submit" button below.
By submitting, I hereby acknowledge that all complaints are confidential until such time as the complaint may be subject to official legal proceedings.
This is our disclaimer.