Volunteer Position – Campaign Manager
Carp River Conservation Area/Living Classroom
Reporting to the Mississippi Valley Conservation Foundation (MVCF) Board, the Campaign Manager will coordinate a fundraising campaign to meet the needs of the Carp River Living Classroom project. To learn more, contact Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority’s (MVCA) Community Relations Coordinator Shannon Gutoskie.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Campaign Manager will:
- Work with the campaign team to develop a campaign plan
- Help identify potential business and individual donors, and develop a customized approach strategy for each
- Help coach each approach team
- Help develop promotional campaign material
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Comfortable speaking to others about the campaign and requesting support
- Ability to work independently
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and enjoys meeting new people
- Prior fundraising experience a strong asset
- Design skills an asset
- Multi-phase, with the first phase lasting 6 to 8 months commencing in February 2019
- Flexible schedule that is dependent upon the campaign manager’s availability, which can include work during regular business hours, evenings or weekends – approximately 10-15 hours/week
- Remote working combined with occasional team meetings at MVCA’s facility in Carleton Place
- There will be opportunities to visit work on the ground should the volunteer wish to do so
Benefits and Recognition
- The Campaign Manager position will provide valuable experience for individuals who want to gain experience in the non-profit and environmental sectors. You will build professional development and new contacts working with a diverse team of professionals on the campaign.
References provided on 6 months of successful association.
Please email a resume and cover letter by January 31, 2019 to:
Shannon Gutoskie – email@example.com