Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority (MVCA) is a local, watershed management agency delivering services and programs to help protect and manage water and other resources in the Mississippi River watershed in eastern Ontario. We are currently looking for a:
Water Resources Engineer
Summary of Functions: This Junior to Intermediate position provides technical support to the Planning and Regulations Program by reviewing lot grading and drainage plans, slope stability studies, hydrogeology, environmental assessments and other related engineering designs prepared by external consultants for site-specific development proposals. The Water Resource Engineer also conducts site inspections, conducts hydraulic and hydrologic analysis and liaises with a variety of stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, preferably in water resources or environmental fields, from a recognized university with eligibility for membership in the Processional Engineering of Ontario as a Professional Engineer.
• Knowledge of the Conservation Authorities, Water Resources. Planning and Environmental Assessment Acts and associated legislation, regulations and guidelines.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, collaborative decision-making and analytical skills.
• Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Communicates effectively and concisely in English, both orally and in writing; including effective presentation skills.
• In-depth knowledge of hydrology, hydraulics and erosion and sedimentation control methods.
• Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, geographic information systems and other desktop technology.
• Demonstrate integrity, creatively and enthusiasm in achieving results.
• Valid Class G Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume and covering letter that clearly demonstrates how they meet the above position requirements, in MS WORD or ADOBE PDF file format, no later than Monday November 27, 2017 to:
Matt Craig, Manager, Planning and Regulations
Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority
10970 Highway 7
Carleton Place, Ontario, K7C 3P1
Fax: 613-253-0122 Email: email@example.com
Salary to be determined by experience and qualifications. Thank you for your interest in Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority, but only those applicants that are successful in receiving an interview will be contacted.