The Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority is a local, watershed management agency delivering services and programs to help protect and manage water and other natural resources in the watersheds under its jurisdiction. We are seeking candidates for the position of:
Carleton Place, Ontario
Annual Salary: $76,604 – $95,755 with Progressive Benefits Package
Reporting to the General Manager, the Treasurer provides sound financial management, ensures all legislative requirements are met and exemplifies leadership in support of the organization. As an essential member of the Management Team, the Treasurer is a strategic thinker with a view to long-term planning who develops and manages the Authority’s financial policies and procedures.
In this position you will be responsible for:
• Coordinating and leading the annual budget process
• Maintaining financial records including the general ledger, cash receipts, cash disbursements and general journals, post figures and print and file financial reports
• Preparing accounts receivable invoices, recording receivables and payments and ensuring all accounts are collected in a timely manner
• Preparation of required financial statements and coordinate all audit requirements
• Human Resources and payroll functions including benefit administration
• Overseeing insurance plans and risk management issues
• Supervision of departmental staff
As the ideal candidate, you will have a post-secondary education or a university degree and a CPA accounting designation (preferred) or an equivalent related mix of education and experience with a minimum of 8 years related experience including demonstrated progressive management skills. You have excellent communication skills, both written and oral. In-depth knowledge of applicable federal and provincial legislation and related policies rounds out your profile.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume, cover letter and a separate document that clearly demonstrates how you meet the above position requirements, in MS WORD or ADOBE PDF file format, no later than February 1, 2019 to:
Paul Lehman, P.Eng., General Manager
Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority
10970 Hwy 7, Carleton Place Ontario, K7C 3P1
We thank all applicants for your interest; however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. This commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.